CPF PEI acknowledges students at graduation time in three ways. We purchase ads for yearbooks, we provide certificates and we give out a $50 prize for a graduating Core French and Immersion student and also for each UPEI BEd student graduating in the teaching in a second language Specialization Program.
To request an ad placement in your year book contact Gail at [email protected]
Information on CPF PEI and other Graduation Prizes: Graduating Core and Immersion student prize
CPF PEI Concours d’art oratoire
There are thousands in scholarships available for participating in the CPF PEI and National Concours d’art oratoire. Concours page SSTA
The Acadian Foundation for Student Financial Aid Launches the 2017 Scholarship and bursary competition
SUMMERSIDE, April 05, 2017 – The Acadian Foundation for Student Financial Aid invites those who would like to pursue postsecondary study in French next September to apply for scholarships until the deadline of May 28, 2017. The application guide and form are available online on the Société
The application guide and form are available online on the Société Saint-Thomas-d’Aquin (SSTA) website (www.ssta.org). To qualify, students must be of Acadian origin, or Francophone or Francophile; and must have lived on P.E.I. for at least three years by the time of applying. At the time of applying, students under 18 years of age must have a parent who is a member of the SSTA. Students over 18 years of age must become members of the SSTA to be considered for a bursary.
Individuals can become a member by following the directions on the SSTA website at www.ssta.org In addition to these conditions, applicants must be registered in a postsecondary program at a French-language institution or in a recognized bilingual program.
Here is the list of scholarships offered for 2017-2018:
- Bourse J.-Henri-Blanchard ($1,000);
- Bourses Monseigneur-Jean-Chiasson and bourse Père-Emmanuel-Richard (six bursaries worth $500 each);
- Bourse Monseigneur-Jean-François-Buote – 1 er cycle ($1,000 at the Bachelor’s level);
- Bourse Monseigneur-Jean-François-Buote – 2 e cycle ($1,000 at the Master’s level);
- Bourse Saint-Thomas-d’Aquin ($1,000 and reserved for theological study or study in a field where there is a lack of French human resources available, like health, science, law, education and medicine);
- Bourse JAFLIPE ($500 and reserved for a member of JAFLIPE who is pursuing postsecondary study in French);
- Bourse des arts ($400 and exclusively for artistic development in one of the following disciplines: theatre, music, dance, visual arts, film and literature);
- Bourse de la Fondation des œuvres acadiennes ($250 and reserved for a student officially registered in a college or university communications program or another program related to French media);
- Bourse de la Fédération des parents de l’Î.-P.-É. ($500 and reserved for a student officially registered in an early childhood development program, renewable for a second year if average is kept above 80%);
- Bourse de l’Université d’Ottawa ($4,000 and for a student officially registered at the University of Ottawa who is a resident of P.E.I.).
All applications must be received by May 28, 2017, at the latest.
For more information: Colette Arsenault [email protected] Office: 902-436-4881
Collège de l’Île
Every year, Collège de l’Île offers its students entrance scholarships including a $1,000 entrance scholarship to one student from each high school on Prince Edward Island. Eligibility for some scholarships varies by place of residence.
These scholarships are distributed as follows:
- One $1,000 entrance scholarship to a graduating student from each high school on PEI
- One $1,000 entrance scholarship to an adult student returning to school after an absence of at least a year and having graduated from a high school on PEI
- One $1,000 entrance scholarship to a student from outside PEI
- One $500 scholarship to a student enrolled in a program recognized by the Consortium national de formation en santé (CNFS): Resident Care Worker, Human Services, Youth Worker or Practical Nursing.
*Collège de l’Île is also currently running a contest in which potential students can win a $2,000 credit toward their tuition for full-time programs beginning during the 2016-2017 academic year. To participate in the contest, go to Collège de l’Île’s Facebook page and click on the “Gagne 2 000 $” button to fill out an entry form.
The deadline for submitting is February 28, 2016.