Get involved as a local parent volunteer with CPF!
Canadian Parents for French is a volunteer-based organization and a vast majority of the amazing work we do is by local chapter volunteers. Each chapter operates a little differently so depending on where you live, there are different opportunities. Your level of commitment is really up to you! You could help organize local French musical performances, movie nights, exchanges, camps, public speaking competitions and so much more while making lasting connections with your communities and schools.
What is a CPF Chapter?
Chapters are made up of mostly English speaking volunteer parents of children in a French Immersion Program or Core French Program. However, you do not need to be a parent to be a member of CPF, and we always need volunteers that can speak French. These volunteers have chosen to become organized for the purpose of forwarding the goals of CPF (promoting the opportunity for young Canadians to learn and use their French language skills) and to offer opportunities for students in their schools to practice their French. The volunteers assist in the planning and implementing activities and programs for students. Chapters are run by an individual volunteer Board of Directors.
Why join your local Chapter?
• To find out how you can help your child learn French (in and out of the classroom)
• To give visible support to an organization and volunteers who are working on behalf of your child
• To become more informed about French Second Language (FSL) issues
• To become more informed about opportunities and activities offered to your child
• To become more aware of opportunities for parents
• To have access to current information, publications and research materials
• To help keep good programs in place and improve other programs if necessary
• To network with other parents of children in a French program
• To help maintain the Chapter level of commitment and involvement that has kept CPF going over the years
• MOST importantly to be involved in your child’s French learning education and letting them see you taking an active roll
CPF PEI Chapters