Eastlink Launches New Show ‘French Connexion’ on February 12th
Charlottetown (P.E.I.) – Friday, January 3rd, 2017 – A group of organizations on P.E.I. have come together to produce an Eastlink cable television show called ‘French Connexion’ that highlights the local French community’s activities.
Organizations such at la Société Saint-Thomas-d’Aquin, Canadian Parents for French, la Fédération culturelle de l’Î.-P.-É., UPEI, the Confederation Centre of the Arts, the Carrefour de l’Isle-Saint-Jean, the P.E.I. government Department of Education (French Programs) and Collège de l’Île have joined forces to develop a unique television series that explores current events and activities, as well as topical issues surrounding identity, policy and minority culture. The show’s host, Nathalie Arsenault, and the exciting lineup of guests offer their particular, French, Acadian and Francophile perspectives.
The title ‘French Connexion’ has one word written in English—“French”—and one in French—“connexion”—to symbolize the unity that the show aims to help achieve between the two official Canadian language groups, French and English. ‘French Connexion’ will be the first French-language show on the Island that focusses on the community. It also, importantly, offers the steadily growing PEI population of second-language French-speakers, including immersion students, exposure to spoken French through a medium other than radio.
Julie Gagnon, the chairperson of the ‘French Connexion’ organizing committee, is enthusiastic about the series, saying, “from one end of the Island to the other, this unifying project will allow for Islanders to feel like they belong to one big family that has the French language at heart.”
- French Connexion is a French-language series.
- The show will run for a full 13-episode season, with one prime time show every Thursday at 7:30 p.m. on channel 10, airing again daily at 11 p.m.
- The format is a talk show featuring different guests each week in an interview session with host Nathalie Arsenault.
The first show will air on Eastlink Cable 10 at 7:30 on February 16, 2017.
French Release CP – 07.02.17 – Eastlink lance sa nouvelle émission de télévision French Connexion le 12 février 2017 (002)PEOPLE TO @ MENTION
Help us spread the word!
- Connect with PEI’s French-speaking community on the BRAND NEW TV show #FRENCHconnexion—airing on @Eastlink Feb. 12
- Make the ’LINK! Connect with PEI’s French on @Eastlink Feb. 12: #FRENCHconnexion is a BRAND NEW show!
- Watch 1st episode of #FRENCHconnexion on @Eastlink TV this Feb. 12! Find out about the Island’s French community!
@angelawalkercbc @commSSTA @UPEI @CPF_PEI @carrefouripe @collegedelile @LaVoixacadienne @PEIGuardian @JournalPEI @mitchcormierCBC @cbcmaggie @Krystalle_cbc @iciacadie @RVFrancophonie @PEIleg @villagemusical @MathArseno @Eastlink @islandmorning @CBCPEI @ChtownPE @Downtown_Chtown @ConfedCentre @aaj_acadie @Ocean100 @infoPEI @DtownSummerside @ActionsFemmes @SummersidePEI @SeanCaseyLPC @ConfedCentre