Starts in September 2016 , approximately September 19th
Need to be EI illegible (this means for Skills Canada purposes, now on EI or have been on EI in the last 3 years or on maternity/parental in the last 5 years)
Pay is $510. 00 a week for 37.5 hours
8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
The client will work out of the CPF PEI offices in Charlottetown.
Project areas of work:
- Project management
- Oral and written communication in both official languages (if possible)
- Time management and multi-tasking
- Information Technology and computer use
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Communications strategies and skills
- Office procedures
- Writing for print and social media
- Graphic design and application
- Knowledge of the workings of a not-for-profit, government funded organization
- An understanding of French second-language (FSL) education programs and related issues
- Valuable and pertinent work experience that will assist in the development of more effective job search tools e.g. résumés and portfolios
- A larger network of individuals, businesses and organizations that will be beneficial in job searches and career development
- An understanding of non-profits role and value of the community for service and civic engagement
- Learn how to identify and access resources and assets in the community
- Learn to identify problems and issues in the community that are obstacles to reaching the vision for the community
- Learn how to build consensus for positive change
- Recognize networking and team-building techniques to achieve goals
- Learn the power of positive self-expression and individual participation in effecting change.
To develop a CPF 40th Anniversary celebration for CPF PEI including a history (already have first 25 years), potential reunion event, celebrate French Immersion graduates, document and promote their success. We will also look at tying this celebration to Canada’s 150th as it is the same year. This project may also include ongoing support for other CPF programs and projects.